For this weeks blog we have a set of tips to help you extend the battery life of your Garmin watch to last the full distance of an ironman, not just those crushing a sub ten hour time but those creeping in ahead of cut-off too. We hope this gives you one less thing to worry about with tips on how to set up your Garmin watch for an Ironman distance race.
Step by step tips
- Make sure you fully charge it the night before first!
- Make sure you have the most up to date version of the software installed
- Use standard clockface
- Turn off bluetooth connectivity
- Turn off wi-fi connectivity
- Make sure you aren’t connected to any power meter, cadence or speed sensors
- Forget about the heart rate monitor unless you really need it for pacing
- Switch glonass off
- Select smart recording intervals
- Turn off backlight
- Turn off vibration
- Set each discipline for single screen only so not scrolling between stats
- Only switch it on for racing as you head for the start
Get your entries in for Ironman and use our blog for how to set up your Garmin watch for an Ironman distance race.